Mrs. Felecia’s Playhouse Preschool
Location: off Sooner Road between SE 48th and SE 59th in SE Oklahoma City, 73135
Hours: 6:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Ages accepted: 2 years – 5 years, waiting list
3 Star home, accepts private pay, DHS subsidy, Child Care Aware military assistance program
No school transportation
Felecia has a AA in Early Childhood Education, CDA, NAFCC accreditation, and a Gold Director credential.
Mrs. Felecia’s Playhouse preschool, believes that a high quality early childhood program provides a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of young children.
Young children learn best, by doing. It is active participation and experimentation to find out how things work in the world that they live in. Your child is learning every day through his/her play experiences.
Play provides the foundation for “school” learning. It is the preparation children need to become active enthusiastic learners. My program is based on several criteria:
- Find success in activities of their own choosing and discovering challenges of a new experience.
- Grow up feeling that they are a unique and valued individual and to take pride in their cultural identity.
- Experience comfortable relationship with both peers and adults while learning to express feelings.
- Build overall muscular strength, coordination, and physical skills.
- Learn to manage routines and develop good health and safety habits.
- Experience creative expression through art, music, children’s literature, and dramatic play.
- Be provided with an understanding of pre-reading, math and science skills.
- Be provided with nutritional meals and snacks.
- Develop an understanding of the world they live in, both natural and social environments.
- Develop concepts in solving problems and in broadening cognitive areas.
“COLLEGE BEGINS IN PRESCHOOL”